Medical negligence claims arising from ophthalmic and laser eye surgery treatment can often be devastating and complications can detrimentally affect eyesight and quality of life. If you’ve suffered as a result of receiving sub-standard ophthalmic treatment, our expert solicitors could help you claim the compensation you deserve.
Do I have a claim for medical negligence during my eye surgery?
Conditions caused by damage during laser eye surgery or other ophthalmic surgeries might include:
- Over or under correction
- Substandard glaucoma treatments
- Misdiagnosis of or failure to diagnose eye problems
- Surgical accidents, including cataract and laser surgery
- Delay in diagnosis of Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
- Failure to diagnose children’s vision problems
- Blindness or loss of sight in one eye
Why choose Longden, Walker & Renney for my laser eye surgery claim?
- Expert support and guidance is offered through every step of your eye injury or laser eye surgery claim
- Friendly team on hand to offer support and guidance throughout your case
- No win no fee agreement
The compensation claim process
Here at Longden, Walker & Renney, we strive to ensure that the legal process throughout your laser eye surgery compensation claim is as straightforward as possible. Here's what to expect:
- Submit details of your eye surgery claim
- We will arrange for you to speak to one of our friendly advisors who will consider your claim and advise you on your prospects of success
- If you have reasonable prospects of succeeding with your laser eye surgery claim, the experts will begin the investigation and build a case for your claim
- Reach a settlement
You can read more about the medical negligence compensation claims process here.
Will I be required to go to court?
This is decided on a case by case basis, however about just 2% of laser eye surgery claims do go to court with the majority are settled outside of court.
What our clients say
“Can I say I am pleased it has all been sorted and that I am delighted with the way that you Richard made this whole process easy for me, to the extent I felt I had a friend working on my behalf”. - Mr S.M.