Problems which arise from ophthalmic or laser eye surgery treatment may have been avoidable. If you’ve been affected by any complications, we could help you gain compensation and the justice you deserve.
Discuss your case with our specialist solicitors – get in touch or call 0191 5666 500 for FREE no-obligation advice.
Medical negligence claims arising from ophthalmic and laser eye surgery treatment can often be devastating and complications can detrimentally affect eyesight and quality of life.
If you’ve suffered as a result of receiving sub-standard ophthalmic treatment, our expert solicitors could help you claim the compensation you deserve.
Do I have a claim for medical negligence during my eye surgery?
Conditions caused by damage during laser eye surgery or other ophthalmic surgeries might include:
- Over or under correction
- Substandard glaucoma treatments
- Misdiagnosis of or failure to diagnose eye problems
- Surgical accidents, including cataract and laser surgery
- Delay in diagnosis of Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
- Failure to diagnose children’s vision problems
- Blindness or loss of sight in one eye
Why choose us for a laser eye surgery claim?
- Expert support and guidance is offered through every step of your eye injury or laser eye surgery claim
- Friendly team on hand to offer support and guidance throughout your case
- No win no fee agreement
The compensation claim process
We strive to ensure that the legal process throughout your laser eye surgery compensation claim is as straightforward as possible.
Here’s what to expect:
- Submit details of your eye surgery claim
- We will arrange for you to speak to one of our friendly advisors who will consider your claim and advise you on your prospects of success
- If you have reasonable prospects of succeeding with your laser eye surgery claim, the experts will begin the investigation and build a case for your claim
- Reach a settlement
You can read more about the medical negligence compensation claims process here.
Will I be required to go to court?
This is decided on a case by case basis, however about just 2% of laser eye surgery claims do go to court with the majority are settled outside of court.