Making a Will is a simple and straightforward process. Arrange or update your Will today and relax safe in the knowledge your wishes will be carried out.
Benefit from expert advice about Wills – get in touch or call 0191 5666 500 for a friendly discussion & find out how we can help.
Thinking and talking about death is never pleasant, so often people avoid or put off confronting the important tasks related to making sure their Will is in place and up to date.
However, making a Will is a straightforward process for many people. Once completed, you have the peace of mind of knowing that your wishes will be followed.
Important reasons that could inform your decision to make a Will include:
- To ensure your estate is distributed according to your personal wishes
- You can appoint guardians for your children
- You can provide for your partner, who may not be adequately provided for if you die without a Will in place
- To prevent family disputes arising
- To minimise Inheritance Tax
- To appoint Executors and Trustees of your Will.
What happens if you don’t make a Will?
If you die not having made a Will your estate will be divided in accordance with the intestacy rules. These are unlikely to provide for your family and loved ones in the way you would have wanted.
These rules may mean that your partner does not receive what you would have hoped for, or children and grandchildren do not receive gifts at all. It may also mean that the estate is more heavily taxed and on occasion the whole estate may pass to the crown.
Why choose us?
As established Will solicitors, we have a great deal of experience and expertise in drafting Wills for over 200 years.
We are proud members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and Solicitors for the Elderly.
A Will is an extremely important document and to have peace of mind that no problems will arise after your death it should be dealt with by an expert Will solicitor.
Our team of Will writing solicitors provides a highly personal service whilst keeping the services simple and as cost effective as possible.
We will store your completed Will in our deeds vault and provide a copy for your records at no additional cost, thus safeguarding your Will from becoming lost.
For clients who are unable to get to the office a home visit can be arranged.
Our Will services
- Advise on tax
- Advise on any difficult circumstances
- Make sure that your Will reflects your wishes without ambiguity
- Discuss the draft Will with you to ensure you understand and agree its terms
- Arrange for the signing and proper witnessing of the Will (vital to ensure that it is valid)
- Store the Will securely free of charge
- Provide you with a complimentary copy of the signed Will with a simple summary for easy reference.
We are happy to visit you at home if you are unable to come to our offices.
How much will it cost?
For information about or fees and costs please click here.