Losing a loved one is difficult. With the help of our Probate Solicitors you can minimise the stress and hassle of sorting their estate.
Benefit from expert advice – get in touch or call 0191 5666 500 for a friendly discussion & find out how we can help.
The death of a loved one is very distressing time and having to begin the process of sorting out their estate can be a worrying and stressful experience.
Our team of probate solicitors can support you during this difficult time, meeting with you to discuss what may need to be done.
Our Wills and Probate solicitors will:
- Explain the terms of the Will (if there is one) and advise on any special provisions
- Arrange for funeral expenses to be paid immediately (where possible)
- Deal with all of the inheritance Tax forms (required in every case)
- Complete the necessary documentation required by the Probate Registry
- Obtain the document (“Grant of Probate” or “Letters of Administration” if there is no Will) which will allow the assets to be dealt with
- Settle any bills and other liabilities from the estate assets
- Distribute the estate in accordance with the Will or intestacy rules if there is no Will
- Establish any trusts that may be required
- Keep you informed throughout the matter and be available to advise and assist through the use of our dedicated direct dial facility.
We are happy to visit you at home if you are unable to come to our offices.
Why choose us?
As established and trusted probate solicitors, we have a great deal of experience and expertise in administering estates of all sizes.
We have been dealing with estates on behalf of our clients for a period in excess of 200 years.
We are proud members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and Solicitors for the Elderly.
How much will it cost?
We understand that the cost of dealing with the estate will be important to you. Because every estate is different, it is not possible to give a quote without full details.
However, we will provide you with details of how our charges will be calculated before you commit to using our services and will give you an estimate of charges at the earliest opportunity.
For information about or fees and costs please click here.