I was given the details of Longden Walker & Renney as a company who could deal with a medical claim I had. I had never heard of them... Read More
If your child has cerebral palsy as a result of medical negligence by doctors or midwives, we understand the devastating impact this will have on your life. Our dedicated solicitors understand the complex needs that a child with cerebral palsy will have and we’re proud to have secured many substantial lifetime rehabilitation packages for our clients.
With over 30 years experience in handling cerebral palsy claims, we take pride in our individual approach, making sure the compensation we seek takes your child’s specific needs into account. With the help of independent medical experts, we will work out what mistakes, if any,were made and how they could have been avoided.
Common causes of cerebral palsy are:
- Failure to supply adequate oxygen to asphyxiated baby at birth;
- Delay in delivery, causing deprivation of oxygen;
- Failure to monitor oxygen and provide respiratory treatment following birth;
- Failure to properly treat a child suffering trauma;
- Failure to perform a timely caesarean section because of foetal distress;
- Delay in diagnosis or treatment of serious medical conditions such as meningitis;
- Failure to diagnose or treat low blood sugar (hypoglycaemia);
- Failure to diagnose and treat low sodium levels (hyponatraemia).
Why choose Longden, Walker and Renney?
Expert support and guidance is offered through every step of your case
We offer no win no fee agreements to reduce financial risk occurring
We understand that reliving a traumatic event can be distressing and our dedicated team are always on hand to offer support and guidance throughout your case.
Some of our most recent cerebral palsy compensation settlements include:
- £5.8 million in compensation recovered against East Kent University Hospital’s NHS Foundation Trust;
- £3.8 million in compensation recovered against University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire; and
- £7.2 million in compensation recovered against Sunderland Hospitals.
The legal process
We strive to ensure that the legal process is as straightforward as possible, during what may be a difficult time for you. Here's what to expect:
Contact us to discuss the circumstances of your potential claim
We will advise you if we are of the opinion that you have reasonable prospects of succeeding with your claim and whether you are eligible for legal aid
If you have reasonable prospects of success we will instruct experts to provide us with medical evidence
If the medical experts support your claim we will carry out full investigations and build a case for your claim
Reach a settlement or if the case is defended and our medical evidence remains supportive, take the case to a court hearing to determine liability and/or quantum (value of the claim)
Read more about the medical negligence compensation claims process here.
Will I be required to go to court?
This is decided on a case by case basis, however around only 2% of cases do go to court and the majority are settled outside of court.
Once your solicitor has received an admission of liability, you will be entitled to interim payments to help assist you in your everyday life as your cerebral palsy claim progresses. These payments can be used to pay for ongoing expenses that may have arisen as a result of the negligence, including private medical therapies, equipment, transport, adapted accommodation and a care regime.
Your clinical negligence solicitor will advise you on the chance of obtaining such interim payments, and pursue them vigorously on your behalf at the first opportunity.
We are passionate about helping clients receive the closure they need. Our client, Jessica, received a multi-million pound settlement for her cerebral palsy case. Failure to control the drugs used during her mother's labour lead to compensation. Read Jessica's Story.