Alison qualified as a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives in June 1994 and then went on to qualify as a solicitor in 2002. She has worked in litigation, particularly in the field of personal injury for 25 years, the last 15 years specialising in clinical negligence claims. Prior to joining the firm Alison was a partner within a firm in Newcastle-Upon -Tyne where she headed the
Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury team. She joined Longden Walker & Renney in 2010, adding her experience and skills to the firm’s expanding Clinical Negligence Department.
Alison has broad experience and knowledge of clinical negligence work having acted for clients in a wide range of clinical negligence cases including
- Orthopaedic cases, both adult and children
- Neurological injury, failure or missed diagnosis
- Spinal surgery, including cases of poor surgical technique
- Brain injury following another injury or following surgery
- Oncology failed or delayed diagnosis
- Psychiatric, failure to properly treat the condition or treating other medical conditions first resulting in a worsening of the psychiatric injury
- Cerebral palsy, including cases where there have been significant delays in delivery; failure to diagnose a breach baby, inappropriate use of ventouse and forceps; .
- Gynaecological injuries
- Missed or delayed diagnosis of fractures
- Cases involving poor nursing care,
- Elective cosmetic surgery,
- Cases involving Human Rights legislation (Article 2 – right to life)
A lot of Alison’s work is of a high value and complex nature. The settlements reached include those where annual payments are paid for life, thereby securing an annual sum to cover costs of, for example professional care. Settlement values vary greatly dependent upon the nature of the case and the resultant injury. Alison has settled cases recently with values of between £15,000 and £5million. Where appropriate cases have been run to a full trial.
Alison is a senior Litigator with the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and is a member of the Law Society Clinical negligence specialist panel.
In her spare time Alison competes her horse and enjoys running, going to the gym and reading.
How can we help?
To speak to our dedicated team of Solicitors, call us on 0191 5666 500